ARUSI LLC Engineering (ARUSI) is a full-service multi-disciplined engineering and design company. ARUSI specializes in engineering design for the energy and telecommunication industries as well as providing specialized design-build project services for government and private sectors.
Formed in 1987, ARUSI is a privately owned corporation and is an 8(a) certified minority-owned and operated business. ARUSI is certified by the City of Phoenix as a minority and disadvantaged business enterprise (MBE/DBE). Licensed by the State of Arizona in professional engineering and general contracting, ARUSI currently employs 37 engineers, technicians, designers, draftsmen, project managers and support staff. ARUSI ’s technical staff includes backgrounds from the various engineering disciplines including electrical, mechanical, civil/structural, and industrial areas.
ARUSI’s proven successes in engineering, design, and project construction services is demonstrated through our long-term service to the major utilities including Salt River Project, Cox Communication, Arizona Public Service, Southwest Gas Corporation, Century Link and AT&T that serve the Phoenix metropolitan area. For the past seven years, ARUSI has expanded each customer account based on quality, timeliness, customer satisfaction and cost effectiveness. Our project management experience combined with our engineering and design experience has provided us the opportunity to specialize in design-build projects for the US Department of Defense, Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community, Bureau of Indian Affairs, and Central Arizona Improvement District. ARUSI was recently selected by SRP as the preferred provider of engineering-design of overhead and underground electrical facilities. The City of Phoenix awarded ARUSI the “Outstanding Minority Business Achievement Award” in the supplier/distributor category for the year 2000 and also in the service category in 1997. Most recently, ARUSI was selected by the Grand Canyon Minority Supplier Development Council and awarded by the National Minority Supplier Development Council, the coveted “Regional Supplier of the Year” award for fiscal year 2002. In addition, ARUSI was selected as First Runner-up for 2001 MED Week Regional Minority Service Firm of the Year by the U.S. Department of Commerce, Minority Business Development Agency (MBDA).
ARUSI LLC can tailor QA/QC procedures based on client requirements. Our internal procedures follow specific steps to ensure the accuracy and quality of design standards. Our approach begins with a well-defined communication and engagement process with the client to ensure project success throughout the term of the on-going work. This includes clarifying roles, defining project success measures, setting a problem resolution process, assessing progress and performance, and capturing improvements. ARUSI follows a detailed quality control process using check prints to ensure compliance and accuracy with the work required. ARUSI ensures that the completed work is as requested prior to submission as a completed product.
Other elements of ARUSI LLC’s QA/QC procedures include:
- A job issuing meeting with project leader and CAD Technician to communicate requirements and deliverables
- Logging of jobs in ARUSI’s Automated Job Tracking System, a web-based tool that monitors job life cycle and activities
- Color coding scheme to document changes and signature stamp to ensure changes are reviewed and completed
- Drafting check print: Individual review using a standardized checklist
- Peer review drafting check print: Peer review using a standardized quality control checklist
- Engineer/Designer review check print: Detailed review of the design based on the project requirements
- Project Manager review check print: Complete review of the work to ensure compliance
- Job closing meeting to review final issuance of job details and lessons learned
ARUSI LLC’s management has served on advisory committees and on the Boards of Directors for several community organizations:
- Governor’s Council on Workforce Policy– Appointed Member
- Arizona Hispanic Chamber of Commerce – On the Board of Directors
- Wilson Education Foundation – providing scholarships and social services to students and families of the Wilson School District (former founding member)
- United Latino Business Coalition – advocacy for Latino business (Board of Directors)
- Grand Canyon Minority Business Development Center – minority business development (advisory role and past board member)
- Mexican Culture Center – promoting Mexican arts and culture on the Board of Directors
- Chicanos Por La Causa – statewide community development corporation (advisory role)
- Friendly House – social and immigration service (past board member)
- Coalition for Latino Political Action – Member (shaping public policy through political activism)
ARUSI is one of the top 500 Hispanic-owned engineering firm in the nation. Our financial structure and the performance of our organization demonstrate our stability. The ability to manage and deliver high quality complex projects on time and within budget has been a constant attribute. This has enabled us to survive lean times and has led to repeat business, growth, and sustain profitability.